Monday, May 28, 2012

Tales from the top shelf: Nekron's Blues

Hey people.
Today I figured I'd try something different, as I begin a series of short skits under the "Tales from the top shelf" banner. Enjoy.

Nekron: "Wait, what's is this infernal place I've been taken to?"
                           Ultra-Humanite: "Ah, greetings Nekron old chap. You're right where you belong,                  here in the land of uncompleted C&C's."


                           Nekron: "What!?"


Nekron: "No, that can't be, Nooo! I was the star of Blackest Night! Surely that must count for something?"

Ultra-Humanite: "Sorry chum. But your new home is here. You'll get used to it once you've accepted the fact that you're not completed, and might not ever be."


Nekron: "Nooooooo!"

Ultra-Humanite: "Oh come now. It isn't all that bad here. Triton performs delightful magic tricks and karoke on Fridays.

Trigon: "Pick a card, any card? Is this yours?"

Ultra-Humanite: "Whilst I re-enact scenes from Shakespeare on PBS Sundays. You'll learn to love this place as we all have."

Nekron: "I can't believe I've been relegated to this...this..."

OMAC: "Hell-hole? And might I say, just from looking at you all this time....Damn!"

Nekron: "Yes hell-hole. Thank you. Wait, what did you just say?"

Nekron: "Oh me! If I wasn't already dead, I'd kill myself! I wonder if anyone here happens to have Dr. Kevorkian's phone number?"

Trigon: "What's his problem? At least he has one of his natural legs."

Ultra-Humanite: "Perhaps our poor,dear fellow here is on a hunger strike. 'Twould explain the starving artist look he's chosen to adapt."

And just to show you how many spare/uncompleted C&C/BAF parts I have from collecting figures over the years.......




Quite a mess huh? And no, I'm not sure if they'll ever be completed. But I won't say no to donations:)


Oh, and Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern, might be gay. I guess that explains his son Obsidian. Well maybe not, but still.......





4 comments:

Omega Agent1 said...

I was looking hard at pieces to see if I could use some.

And if they make Alan Scott gay....I'm not buying the book anyway so f^ck em.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

-Omega, yeah I've collected quite a few pieces over the years. The only C&C I successfully completed was Apache Chief, and that was only because I wanted him so damn bad, that I was forced to buy Samurai and El Dorado. Say what you will about the Super-Friends, but those two, especially as figures, are worthless!

As for making Alan Scott gay....I myself don't care for it and see it as a cheap marketing ploy by Didio, just so they can point to him and say "see, DC's diverse." I have no problem with gay characters, but com on people.
I wonder how I'm going to break the news to my Alan Scott action figure. He's not going to take it too well I think.

Plus, there's an old joke about what would happen if all DC characters turned gay, and Alan simply stares hard at the audience, signs, and is turned back straight for being such a stupid idea in the first place.

Omega Agent1 said...

On a real note. They are bothering pretty bad with these crazy change ups in the guise of diversity. The way their doing it might be giving the word a bad name. And when people hear the word diversity it'll be said DC is f^ckin up one my characters, turning him or her gay or Black.

This is what it will look like if they aren't careful.

Diversity = gay, minority or gay minority = not good

basically anything negative. And thats some bullshit.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Oh I agree, not to mention it doesn't make sense nor fit the character at all. I know there were gay characters before, like the GA Dr. Midnite, and that never bothered me, but this sure does.

Didio is once again showing the world how pathetic and short-sighted he is to even attempt this. And top of all that Marvel shamlessly cashes in by doing a wedding. Again, I have no problem showing homosexuality in comics. It's a part of all or lives and culture, but to force the issue is just plain dumb. At least the character wasn't someone we'd really be pissed about. But give DC/Didio some time....

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...