Friday, December 23, 2016

"Stepping Into Christmas"

TGIF!!!!


Ready for Christmas yet? Ha ha, well it doesn't matter if you are or not, 'cause come Sunday, it's coming anyways;)

With that being said, I know it's that time of the year when I hear certain Christmas songs. You know, because we all have our favorite we actually don't mind listening to and even look forward to hearing when this time of the year rolls around.
Here's a short list of my top 10 all-time favorite Christmas Songs:


10).  Jose Feliciano - "Feliz Navidad"


Teaching gringos like me everywhere, how to say "Merry Christmas" in Spanish.


9). Brenda Lee - "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree"

It's a true classic no doubt about that. I just happen to enjoy her version the most.


8). Billy Squire - "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You"

Finally a rocking Christmas song that's exactly as old as I am. Thanks early MTV years;)


7). Band-Aid - "Do They Know It's Christmas Time At All?"

Recorded over 30 years ago, and it's still a classic Christmas song to play during the holidays.


6). Elton John - "Stepping Into Christmas"

You can never go wrong with an Elton John Christmas song, especially this one during, or about during, the height of his career in the 70's.


5). George Michael/Wham - "Last Christmas"

Yeah it's a Christmas song that's also a break up song, but shit, it's George Michael and Wham people!


4). Paul McCartney and Wings - "Wonderful Christmastime"

It's exactly the type of song Sir Paul would write, and it's alright with me.


3). John Lennon - "Happy X-Mas"

How could you not love this classic Christmas song that doubles as an anti-war song? And it's Fucking John Lennon!


2). Nat King Cole - "O Holy Night"


1). Nat King Cole - "Merry Christmas"

I don't what it is exactly about his immortally velvety voice, but I know whenever I hear those two Christmas songs of his, the tears start welling up in my eyes. Always, without fail.

Anyways, that's me for this week.
I'll be back bright and early, well not THAT bright and early, next week....


So, from all of us here from Mr. Morbid's House of Fun, we wish you all, a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holidays.....




















No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...