- The adrenaline rush you get from activating your "Fight or Flight" response.
- We get to explore horror and horror able things from a safe distance( unless you enjoy personally going to legit haunted places or walking around the hood, carrying a big sign that says "I Hate *Iggers!" Than your just plain nuts)
- The bonding process that happens when a group of people mutually experience a scary or traumatic event. This causes an instant feeling camaraderie with the persons that were with you when such and such happened.
- It's just an irresistible draw for most of us. It's a thrill, a morbid curiosity that I definitely identify with.
- Not only can boost your confidence levels( it can when you face your fears) but it can also be a turn on, as in in some cases fear=sexual arousal.
Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Must be close to Halloween 'cause I like to be scared.
Happy Hump Day People
I don't know about you folks, but lately I've been on bit a scare-kick lately.
For the last few days, I've been binge-watching Top 5, Top 10, and Top 15 so-called "scary lists" of all sorts of topics ranging from unsolved mysteries, ghosts caught on film or photos, most haunted amusement parks, mysterious disappearances, and the like.
And for the most part their all pretty entertaining.
The fun part for me is to watch them mostly at, especially in the wee hours of the morning. Trust me, that's where you separate the men from the pussies, and I'm not talking about vaginas.
Nope, I mean daring yourself to watch all this creepy shit when you're supposed to already be in bed.
And judging from the comments' sections of these videos, I'm not alone in wondering why I watch this shit late at night.
Psychiatrists have long theorized that people like to scare themselves for many reasons. Here's some of the main ones:
I don't about that last one per say, but it is directly related to the adrenaline and endorphin rush you get. So, screw that expensive Viagra, just watch a couple scary movies with your girl or guy, and there's a good chance you'll be doing the no-pants dance in no time;)
As a parting gift, here's just a small handful of links I've been intently watching. Best to do it all late at night I think. Enjoy you brave souls.....
-Top 5 Demonic Possessions:
- 5 Incredibly and Creepy Unexplained Mysteries:
-5 Extremely Creepy and Haunted Forests:
-Top 15 Terrifying Deb Webb Facts:
-Top 15 Scariest Real Cults:
-Top 15 Creepy unexplained disappearances:
There's plenty, plenty more, but you get the idea.
Hey whattaya' know, it's a brand new skit this week. Enjoy this fun little homage to one of the more recently popular "danc...
TGIT!!!!!! You know you've always wondered about it and some point in time. "Who's really the fastest; Barry Allen or Wally ...
Happy Hump Day People..... Ok, so today's newest inductee into the house of shame is this guy, Nightwatch. Don't...
TGIT!!!!! Trust me when I saw you kids have it really easy these days when it comes to finding whatever bit of information your tiny hear...