Thursday, October 18, 2018

Dream Waves: Marvel Horror Figures

TGIT!!!!

Well whatta' know kiddies, this post is the official 1313th post of this blog.
Why is that significant? It's not.....unless you happen to be a fan of the 1960's TV show The Munsters.

Anyone who remembers the show remembers that their address was 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

Just something to think about.....

In keeping with this month's horror theme (Yes I know I haven't always been strictly in keeping with said theme) I figured I'd roll out a spooktacular edition of Dream Waves.

This time I'm focusing solely on horror characters from Marvel Comics, because, you know, why not right?

I'm curious though, since the 90's are all the rage to an extent, back at Marvel, how is the Midnight Sons not a thing yet? I mean they briefly brought back the Spirits of Vengeance, but that didn't last.

Anyhoo, here's my list of Marvel horror characters that I wouldn't mind seeing turned into action figures, and yes I'll be including some choices that already have their own figures already made, such as Werewolf By Night, Dracula, and Simon Garth.


Marvel Horror Wave 1:


1). Werewolf By Night


Sure we already got a WBN figure in the old Toybiz Marvel Monsters box-set, but it's way past time for Hasbro to put out their version. Plus have you ever tried to get a hold of that box-set on the secondary market like eBay or Amazon? TOO EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

2). Damien Hellstrom


I know I already pitched making a figure of the classic version of Damien, but this one would be either his more current look, or even better, his mid-90's, Vertigo-eque look.


3). Satana

Frankly we need another Satana figure since it doesn't look like the one that was released in that SDCC exclusive Thunderbolts box-set is getting re-released. This time I'd like to see her in her original, classic look instead.


4). Devil-Slayer


5). Simon Garth, I Zombie 


6).  Mephisto



BAF: The Gargoyle


Marvel Horror Wave 2:


1). Classic Blade 








Whether it be his original look or his 90's Nightstalkers look, I figure this wave could use another Blade figure in it.

2). Classic Dracula 


3). Dr. Druid 

I've included both the classic and mid-90's version since his makeover by Warren Ellis didn't involve a new colorful costume.

4). Terror Inc. 
 



5). Classic Brother Voodoo 


6). Lilith, Dracula's Daughter




















BAF: Manphibian 



Marvel Horror Wave 3:


1). Blackhart



2). The Straw Man (Scarecrow)



3). N'Kantu, The Living Mummy 



4). Frankencastle


5). Man-Spider/Spider-X


6). Frankenstein's Monster


BAF: Shuma Gorath


 Yeah I know, I was really scrapping the bottom of the barrel by that third wave, but I had throw someone in there just to justify getting a Shuma Gorath BAF.

What do you guys think? Any Marvel monsters I missed?



No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...