So who watched the Super Bowl last night? Did your team win?
I only briefly watched the 3rd and 4th quarters myself, and both times the Ravens were in the lead.
I don't usually follow football anymore at all like I used to when I was a kid. I just lost interest in the same repetitive plays that happen over and over again, just with different players every few years. It's just dumb to me unless you're betting on the games(Right Goo?;)
Still, I was surprised who made it to the actual super bowl. I never really even considered the Ravens or 49ers, and thus that probably explains that I truly haven't been keeping on all the teams like I did back in the day.
It felt like a 2nd Christmas to me this weekend, as the owner of my local comic book store messaged me on Facebook to tell me he bought over 450 various Marvel and DC action figures. Well I hit that bitch like a bat out of hell, and quickly found myself overwhelmed by the sheer number of loose(he he;) figures he had in the back. Barry(the owner's name) is such a cool guy, and knew how into buying action figures I am, that he let me have 1st pick of 'em. There were so many ML and DCUC figures to chose from! There's no way I can possibly buy them all, but not for lack of trying;)
Well for 80$, I bought:
- the classic DCUC Red Tornado(who I've been wanting for awhile)
- DC Superheroes Lex Luthor in his big green battle-suit(sweet)
- DCUC Orion w/his astro glider(Very sweet-looking figure. Might hang him from the ceiling)
- Marvel Legends Moon Knight
- Marvel Legends 1st App. Iron Man(Grey and missing his face-plate. Still waiting on that one)
- DCUC The Demon(He's so fucking cool I can't even describe in words how awesome that fucker is)
- #'s 17 and 7 of the old Suicide Squad series(Makes you both appreciative and sad about the strength of Ostrander's writing and how the current series can never hope to compare to it:(
- Death Match#2 (Damn good mini by Boom Comics pitting Hero vs. Hero in a hunger games-like tournament Like Avengers Arena, but waaaay better)
-And #1 of Thrillkiller, a DC Elseworlds mini set in the 60's feat. Batgirl and Robin as the leads.
So all-in-all, not bad huh?
There were so many to go back for like a loose DCUC Joker, Gorilla Grodd, DC Superheroes Darkseid, ML Havok, Captain Britain, The Sentry, and more.
Oh god the choices!!!!!!!!
Alright, had to calm down there for a second.
Today's skit centers around the familiar heroes of Charlton Comics, like the Blue Beetle(Ted Kord), The Question, and Captain Atom.
See Ted's kind of pissed about the whole popularity of the Before Watchmen titles out there, and how they're selling pretty damn well. Ted figures since they're the originals that the Watchmen are based off of, they should get a cut of the action as well.
Let's see how well Ted's plan to get the old band back together works, if at all........