Tuesday, March 05, 2019

RIP Keith Flint and Luke Perry


So yesterday I found out that the front man for 90's British Electronic dance group The Prodigy, Keith Flint, died.

Apparently he was found dead at his home Monday morning due to committing suicide.
It's still too early to tell why he did what he did, but it definitely sucks for all of the band's fans and the music world in general. I know the band was supposed to tour here in the states in May, with one of the stops being in Charlotte, NC,  which is only 2 hours and some change away from me.

He was only 49.

Like most, I remember The Prodigy's main hit songs like "Smack My Bitch Up", "Firestarter", and "Breathe", especially the music videos that went with them. And while the 90's was the band's main heyday, they were still stayed around, touring and continuing to make music.
I imagine this is it for the band, unless they decide to continue on without Flint, which I don't see happening, but I could be wrong.

Then later yesterday afternoon news was making the rounds that actor Luke Perry, famously linked with 90's hit show 90210, died over the previous weekend due to a stroke.

He was only 52, and still actively acting, playing the dad to Archie Andrews on the CW show Riverdale.

I, like many others probably due, will always remember him as Dylan McKay from 90210, a role he's best-remembered for despite going on to act in other shows and movies. Damn shame man.

2019 is NOT fucking around when it comes to celebrity deaths.....


No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...