Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Head Swap-A-Loo-Bop


I was messing around yesterday with some head swaps and figured I take a couple pics for the hell of it:


The Silver Sable head actually not only fits on the new BC body, but fits overall for a nice head-swapped look.


Likewise, the new Black Cat head fits on the Silver Sable body pretty well.
She looks like an agent of SHIELD or the Wild Pack.


Yeah, whatever happened to that Silver Sable/Black Cat team-up movie that Sony was supposed to make?


As you can the idea that the older BC head would be an easy head swap did not pan out for obvious reasons. The neck peg is too small and the head too big. Likewise the older BC head makes the newer BC neck look super long, making her look like an awkward giraffe. I bet she hasn't felt that ugly since high school. 

I know there's a good number of people out there who don't care for the new Black Cat figure, especially because of those weird eyes over her chest. I've warmed up to the new look myself. Now don't get me wrong; I still prefer her classic look overall, but this newer one feels more like the Ultimate Universe version of Felicia to me.

Finally a figure I didn't think I'd like as much as I did, but once I opened him up and got him out of his package, he definitely grew on me.



The lack of ab and waist-crunch/articulation/swivel doesn't help the figure, but I can learn to live without it.

The lack of clearly defined, painted in web lines though are pretty low rent. Why Hasbro chose to cheap out like this and not have the webbing painted in I'll never know.
Something else for customizers to work on I guess.  




2 comments:

Gary said...

Man, how much deodorant is Spidey going to go through?

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

LOTS! He better hit up the local dollar store/ Walmart and buy 'em in bulk

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...