Monday, September 04, 2017

Happy Labor Day folks,
Hope you're nursing that hangover ok, or is it hangovers plural?

Well I almost have the latest Marvel Legends wave finished.

Bought the Marvel Legends Netflix Man-Thing BAF wave figures Daredevil, Punisher, and Elektra from my local Wal-Mart this past Friday.


They had Bullseye there too, but I already had him after ordering him off Amazon.com.


That's where I ordered Jessica Jones and Blade to finish out the wave, so that I could finally build and complete that Man-Thing figure.

Still not impressed with that Elektra figure, so I'm giving her to my sister, who also happens to own a Jessica Jones figure.

There's a way online to mod/fix those horrible elbows of hers if you want using the modern Luke Skywalker Star Wars figure:

I'll skip all that myself since I'm not that good at customizing, but that is a solid mod fix those freakishly too large for her body forearms they gave her.

I do gotta' say, the sculptors really did a damn fine job with the Man-Thing head sculpt.

Seriously, I know this picture doesn't do it justice like holding him in your hands would, but I think this update of the original Toy Biz version more than holds up to the modern standards we've come to expect from Hasbro at this point.

Plus now I can have him and my DCUC Swamp Thing hang out and fuck with the cast of that Swamp People reality show.


Too bad we don't have a Foolkiller figure to go with ol' Manny. Damn that'd be sweet.

I'd probably want the classic one too, but I guess the look of the newer one isn't that bad.



Finally, I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but this is supposed to be the final version of a new character debuting in the DC Dark Matter line spinning out of the whole Metal event, that just so happens to have a very familiar name to fans of 90's DC....

This is supposed to be Damage....


And no, this not the original 90's version, Grant Emerson, who was the son of the Golden Age JSA hero, the Atom....



...who later grew up and joined the JSA himself for a little bit as the new Atom-Smasher.



He'd later be killed off during 2009's Blackest Night event.

This a totally all-new and different Damage and he's...he's....fucking hideous!
Damage? More like Monkey Hulk....



There DC, fixed it for ya'.



























I know kid, I know.....

2 comments:

Gary said...

That's Damage? Damn, that's a horrible design. At least he's not Grant, so that's one thing to be thankful for.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

No kidding right? This is probably one of the few times where being dead has its advantages for a comic character. I guess Johns just isn't into Grant.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...