Monday, September 07, 2015

Top 5: DC Heroes That Could Easily Exist In The Marvel Universe

Happy Labor Day People!!!!

So I know I was supposed to continue this last Friday, but my main laptop shit the bed, causing me to lose the work I'd done on the new skits, and then I had to take my back-up to the shop to get the jack fixed, so it looks like you'll have to bear with me for possibly another week before I can upload new skits.

I know, I know, it sucks, but so is life sometime


Anyhoo, onto to today's article......

5). Green Lantern(Hal Jordan):


This is I think probably a very interesting choice. Hal as a fearless test pilot would still work, no matter what universe he lives in. But how would Hal as Green Lantern work?

I believe it would still work, just like the concept of Star-Lord works.
He's chosen because of his fearlessness and heart. Maybe Hal wouldn't be a Green Lantern, although that concept could still exist in the MU, albeit probably with some major and minor changes. No, more than likely, he could be a Nova Corps member, replacing Rich Rider as the Nova of Earth. Maybe he replaces or is chosen as Quasar, protector of the universe by Eon, or any number of cosmic beings/deities that might take an interest in Hal. If nothing else, you just have to establish somewhere, that Ben Grimm and Hal used to be in the military together. And yes the sliding scale would have to apply, but it'd be worth it to see a mini-series of those team as duel jet jockeys.


4). OMAC(Jack Kirby's version):


I guess to be fair, you could probably make a case for any and all of Kirby's creations, regardless of what company he was at when he created them, as being able to exist in the MU. Why? Because he was Jack Kirby, and his imagination knew no bounds. Truly.

I'd love to see a team-up between OMAC and Captain America because it would be such a natural pairing, and because OMAC' s really a more modern, super-powered version of Cap.

Could the Great Disaster future, that spawned OMAC and was the world that Kamandi lived in, still exist? Sure. Whether it was on a parallel world, the far future of the MU, or elsewhere, the Great Disaster could still exist, as could OMAC. Hell future time/nightmarish futures would be super ideal for a character for OMAC, be it Days of Future Past, or Deathlok's future world run by Roxxon, OMAC would still be good fit for the MU, regardless of origin.


3). Firestorm: 


I know I already mentioned Firestorm before as being a DC character that could've just as easily had been a Marvel character. Had creators Gerry Conway and Al Migrom worked at Marvel at the time, maybe Nova would've had an immediate rival for the intended Spider-Man spot of young, every-man hero.

I don't see why the basic origin story couldn't still work as it was originally written, but with a few minor changes to tie it in more with the MU.

I figure he could've become an Avenger, much like he was an JL-er, but if not, there's always the Defenders or Champions that he could've joined up with during that particular period.
 No doubt Ronnie, and certainly Dr. Martin Stein would've eventually been replaced, especially nowadays at Marvel with their strong policy of replacing popular characters with different genders or races.

2). Blue Beetle (Ted Kord):


Ted Kord would probably love the Marvel Universe, especially if his good buddy for life, Booster Gold lived there too. But going purely off his skills and intellect as an inventor and amateur scientist, I think Teddy boy would fit in really well with the likes of Hank Pym, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards. Sure they maybe smarter, but could nonetheless recognize his worth as brilliant inventor and resourceful crime fighter.

In lieu of Booster Gold not existing the MU, I personally think he'd hit it off with his new BFF and intellectual soulmate, Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man.

1). Lobo (Pre-NU52 version)


Yep, I'm going with the Main Man himself, Lobo.
You can't tell me Lobo wouldn't not only survive, but probably thrive as an intergalactic bounty hunter in the MU. All the possible match-ups of various space heroes like the Guardians of the Galaxy, Adam Warlock, Quasar, Jack of Hearts, etc.

And then there's the big hitters, like Thor, Hercules, and the Silver Surfer to name a few.
Hell, imagine Lobo in space with the X-Men, or being paid to capture the Hulk for the likes of someone like Thanos or the Collector.

Either the way, the main man would probably have a shitload of fun raising hell in the MU.

And yes, that rematch with Wolverine would most definitely happen.


Now again, there's probably lots of DC heroes and villains that could also exist in the MU, but these are the ones I picked off the top of my head.

I'd like to hear/read your suggestions on this topic.


Have a good Labor Day.....












No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...