Friday, September 21, 2018

Dream Waves: Planetary


TGIF!!!!!


Haven't done one of these in good while either, an edition of Dream Waves, where I blog about a dream wave of figures I'd love to see made.

Now this one's going to be a little different in that I'll be applying the same strategies and sensibilities I'd normally apply to the Marvel Legends line. In fact that's  exactly how I'll be setting this one up.....except this time I'm talking about a DC/Wildstorm property instead of the usual Marvel one.

Blame Googum for it, since he brought up Warren Ellis and John Cassidy's Planetary to me last week.

I thought about it, and here's how I'd design a couple waves of Planetary figures if given the chance.
And yes Virginia, there will be some derivatives of Marvel and DC characters, as well as old pulp heroes from the 30's. I'll just be trying my best to keep those to a minimum.

Also, yes, I'm aware that back in the late 90's to early 00's DC did put out a couple Planetary figures through their DC Direct line back in the day. But they only put out the main 3 characters of Elijah Snow, Jakita Wagner, and Drummer.

There's a whole slew of characters that never got made from the series.

Well today I'll rectify that and present my ideal Planetary line of figures.
Let's do this.....


Planetary Wave 1:


1). Elijah Snow


2). The Drummer

3). Jakita Wagner


4). Dr. Randal Dowling 



5). Kim Suskind 


























6). William Leather 


7). Lord Blackstock

BAF: Jacob Greene


Planetary Wave 2:


1). Doc Axel Bronze 


 2). Ambrose Chase 



3).  The Dark Millionaire 


4). The Dead Ranger


5). John Stone 


6). Jim Wilder


























7). Hark


























BAF: ?

Honestly I'm not sure who or what to use as a second build-a-figure.

Their version of the Hulk from the Planetary Preview? Any of the Godzilla-inspired monsters?
The Dead version of their Galactus? I have no idea.

Anyways that's what I would do if I could plan out and create an action figure sub-line from the Planetary series.

What you guys think?



2 comments:

googum said...

I have wanted the Ghost Cop of Hong Kong for years now. Basically a clear version of Chow-Yun Fat. There are a couple suit bodies out there now, aren't there...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah, I guess he should've been included huh? I left him out, but if there was a way they could create a ghostly version of him with some kind of special paint, or even a glow in the dark paint application then that would work.

Imagine if they did the same with the blue, radioactive Marilyn Monroe stand-in from Science City Zero. That'd be cool.

I'd even go for Ellis' version of the Hulk as a BAF. Maybe that's what I should've gone with.
Oh and a box-set of Doc Axel Brass' group of pulp heroes. That'd be cool AF.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...