Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dream Waves: Cyberforce



Another day, another edition of Dream Waves, where I present to you oh faithful, loyal reader, how I would layout and distribute my ideal waves/lines of action figures based off certain comic book properties.


This time around it's Marc Silvestri's turn, as I highlight what I'd do if I could put out a line of figures based off his X-Men homage/rip-off team, Cyberforce.

Yes dear friends, much like  Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S. were created to take advantage of the enormous popularity of the Uncanny X-Men back then, as well as being a former artist for said franchise, so did another former X-Men artist in Silvestri create his own version of the X-Men for him to play with.



I mean look at them, how do they NOT look like knock-offs the real thing?

But hey, it's not like I didn't collect those knock-offs back in the day. I sure did. In fact one of my fondest memories is of buying Cyberforce#1 right off the old spinner rack at the local grocery store, Keen's, when I lived in Vero Beach, Florida back in the early 90's.

I collected them for awhile before dropping off, and started picking up other Top Cow titles instead.

After hanging around until the end of the 90's Cyberforce disappeared with the overwhelming popularity of other Top Cow creations such as Witchblade, The Darkness, and Aphrodite IX. 



But they've recently had a revival of sorts for this new era, being slightly redesigned and repackaged for a whole new audience.


What I'll focus on today mostly, is their original looks, although I don't see why I can't throw one or two of the new designs in there for kicks.


Let's get to it shall we?


Cyberforce Wave 1:


1). Heatwave


2). Ballistic


3). Velocity 


4). Ripclaw 


5). Cyblade 


6). Stryker


7).


BAF: Impact 



Cyberforce Wave 2:


1). Velocity (Modern)


2). Heatwave (Modern)




 3). Ares Prime



4). Misery




 5). Killjoy 
 


6). Barricade
























7). Aphrodite V 

 BAF: Buzzcut 


At first I was going to leave out this Ares Prime guy, but the accompanying scene where he calls all those S.H.O.C. troopers pussies won me over.

I did include other new additions like Aphrodite V and Barricade.

So, that's my list, did I do good papa? Did I? ;)

1 comment:

CMC B Noticias said...

Loveely post

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...