Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Dream Waves: The Twelve


Continuing on with the Dream Waves themed week this week, today's post is  about another team. Well I guess team in the loose, Defenders-like idea that they were a non-team I guess.



I'm talking about JMS and Chris Weston's The Twelve, a group of pre-Marvel golden age superheroes grouped together by fate, who were then gassed and kept captive in cryogenic freeze for over 60 years until being accidently freed in the present time.



If you've read the 2007 12 issue maxi-series, then you'll know whom I'm talking about.

It was a really solid series I feel, despite whatever criticism JMS received about it, mostly because it felt like he was shitting on the "Greatest Generation" and how poorly they'd adapt to modern day society.

I don't know about all that, as I felt the forgotten heroes acted no different than Captain America did when he emerged in the then modern era of the 1960's.

Anyhoo, here's a set of two waves I feel I could get out of these characters.


The Twelve Wave 1:


1). The Phantom Reporter 





































2). Dynamic Man 


3). Black Widow 


4). Captain Wonder 


5). The Laughing Mask 


6). The Fiery Mask 


BAF: Electro 




 The Twelve Wave 2:


1). The Witness 





































2). Mr. E



3). The Blue Blade 


4). The Phantom Reporter (Modern, updated look)


5). Mastermind Excello 


6).  The Modern Blue Blade 























BAF: Rockman 



I know I kinda' stretched things out with that last wave by including modern variants of the Phantom Reporter and Blue Blade, by since I'm forced to stick only characters that made up the Twelve and I needed enough figures to include BAF pieces, I kinda' had to do it that way.

So that's my idea for how I'd go about putting out a wave(s) of figures based on the Twelve.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...