Welcome folks to another exciting edition of So, Who Would Win?, a weekly feature where I pit two individuals or teams from the world of comic books, against each other in a last-man standing battle.
This week, I'm pitting Warren Ellis and Mark Millar's Authority (A dark riff off the Justice League) against the Dark Avengers, a team headed up by Norman Osborn (The Green Goblin) back during Marvel Comics' Dark Reign era back in 2009 when the villains of the MU where basically running things in the aftermath of 2008's Secret Invasion event.
Before we get into it, let's take a brief look into the histories of each team shall we?
Debuting back in May of 1999, the Authority was initially created out of a black ops division of the Jim Lee-created international super-team, Stormwatch. After Stormwatch was disbanded, Jenny Sparks took the the members of the black ops group, then called Stormwatch: Black, and formed the Authority as a new and very proactive team of superhero protectors.
Now while there have been quite a few iterations of the team over the years, for the sake of today's battle, I'll be focusing on the original founding members of the team. Namely....
- Jenny Sparks, "The Spirit of the Twentieth Century"; the group's founder and original leader. (Control over electricity
Transform herself into electricity
Has perpetual youth that will end on the last day of the old century (until she dies)
- Apollo, "The Sun God". (Solar-based being capable of absorbing solar energy and converting it into immense physical strength and speed, nigh-invulnerability, flight, and release blasts of laser-like heat vision through his eyes
- Midnighter a.k.a. Lucas Trent, "Night's Bringer of War".
- Enhanced physical attributes
- Temporary pain suppression
- Auxiliary heart
- Enhanced reflexes)
- The Doctor a.k.a. Jeroen Thornedike, "The Shaman" (Vast magical abilities that amount to reality warping granted by the Earth.
- The second Engineer a.k.a. Angela Spica, "The Maker" (Nanotechnology in her body allows her to fly and to create anything she can imagine
- Jack Hawksmoor, "The God of Cities" (A vast array of powers linked to a city environment)
- Swift a.k.a. Shen Li-Min, "The Winged Huntress" (Wings for flight
Talons, enhanced strength and durability)
Next up is the Dark Avengers:
- Iron Patriot (Norman Osborn) (Uses high-tech armor)
- The Sentry (Superhuman Strength, Speed & Stamina
• Healing Factor
• Light Manipulation
• Nigh Invulnerability
• Enhanced senses
• Matter Transmutation
- Ares, God of War (Expert armed combatant
Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, and reflexes superior to that of most Olympians
Immunity to all diseases and infections
- Wolverine (Daken) (Excellent martial artist
Superhuman physical attributes
Accelerated healing factor
Immunity to telepathy)
- Spider-Man/Venom (The Scorpion) (Symbiote grants:
All of Spider-Man's powers
Immunity to Spider-Sense
- Ms. Marvel (Moonstone) (Superhuman strength, speed, stamina and reflexes
Minor molecular control)
- Hawkeye (Bullseye) (Expert martial artist
Exceptional physical condition
Use of edged/throwing weapons and conventional firearms
Spinal column and various other bones laced with adamantium
Innate ability to throw virtually any object as a projectile
- Captain Marvel (Noh-Var/Marvel Boy) (Enhanced Physiology)
The Dark Avengers
Who would win and why?
I'm curious to see who you guys pick to be the last team standing after all is said and done.
Have a good rest of the week and weekend folks.....