Friday, December 08, 2006

"Traveling through the E-Bridge......"

Here's a quick little edition of Mr.Morbid's Soapbox of Doom!

I'm not a big fan of censorship. It's that simple. I'm aware that some form of censorship is needed, especially in cases where it's important to protect people and persons from harmful and hateful speech or art, I know that. But there comes a point when it gets too far, and then "censorship" is just a tool used to get someone else's agenda or opinion out at the cost to someone else.

With all that said, I enjoy smoking pot. It makes me feel good. I think about things that I normally don't think about, and examine them in different ways. Now I can respect another person for wanting nothing to do with pot, and be straight-laced. That's your choice, your lifestyle, have at it. But don't ever try to make someone else feel bad, or try to shame them for not living like you do. That's wrong, and it's total bullshit!
So there, 'nuff said.

I'm going to try and scan several or however many drawings and sketches of my work concerning my private little comic universe, so bear with me.
I very critical of my work and don't consider it at all that good, but I still try.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I created my own personal versions of familiar Marvel and DC Comic characters. They'll freely interact with my original characters in whatever adventure I send them through, and see how it goes from there.

A couple of free plugs here:
If you haven't already, I highly going to these websites for animation-inspiried art:

1). http://www.medinnus.com/rt_art/.
This website contains art by Jared M. Jones, and he's got tons and tons of animation-style art about the Avengers, Thunderbolts, Captain America, and more. They're all drawn in the style of those X-Men: Evolution cartoons that used to come on. Great stuff I personally reference myself.
Here's a small sample:
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2). Cory's DCU Gallery at http://www.ualberta.ca/~jd8/website_main.html.
This great site features animated art like in the JLU and Batman cartoons. Great stuff.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can't tell you guys how many pages of characters I've printed and used as reference or straight out traced to use for my own original hoamge characters.

I having the damnest time trying to scan and save my art to show you guys. I'll keep trying though.

By the way don't trust this guy:
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HA! Sorry Mike!

See you bitches later!

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...