Thursday, February 21, 2019

Top 10: My Favorite G.I. Joe Action Figures

TGIT!!!!!



Ah G.I. Joe. Who hasn't had a love affair with the "A Real American Hero" franchise in one form or another, be it during its' initial inception during the 1960's, or it's mega-revival in the 80's that spawned official merchandise from action figures to cartoons and an animated movie to comic books and everything in between.



Well yours truly was no exception, and during the 80's and early 90's I was into all of the above about G.I. Joe, in particular the small 3 and 3/4 inch figures that were rolled out in mass.


I didn't own every Joe or Cobra figure or any of the affiliated vehicles under the sun, but I'd like to think I had a pretty damn decent collection built up over the years they were produced. And man did I love the hell out them! Like many kids my own age, I had my fair share of imaginary missions and battles played out in my room and outside. Thankfully I didn't have access to firecrackers or M-80's or else I'd have REALLY had some explosive wars being fought. Probably would've gotten hurt and lost a finger or two, but like Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman once famously said "War is hell!"

That being said everyone had their particular Joe and Cobra figures they loved to play with more than others, and I of course was no exception. So with that being said I'm going to do the best I can to narrow the list down to a personal Top 10.

Here we go in no particular order:




1). Psyche-Out


2). Wet Suit


3). Lifeline 


4). Outback


5). Dee-Jay






6). Chuckles







































7). Quick Kick


8). Shipwreck


9). Storm Shadow


10). Snake Eyes


Oh what the hell, here's 5 more honorable mentions:


1). Blizzard




































2). Eco Warrior Flint 


3). Spearhead


4). Scoop


5). Rock and Roll





 So that's my list. What's yours? Who were your preferred Joes to play with over others?

I'll think tomorrow if I'm up for it, I'll highlight my Top 10 favorite Cobra figures.
Why not right?


2 comments:

Gary said...

Because nothing instills confidence in a sailor's ability than by calling him "Shipwreck"!

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Point, although it's not like he's the one steering/piloting a ship or anything so there's that.
If you've ever watched the Venture Brothers, you'll no doubt have noticed he has a gay double modeled after him named Shore leave. It's hilarious.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...