Monday, November 12, 2018

Dream Waves: Infinity War Doppelgangers



Hey people, what's up?

Just wanted to say very quickly, that even though yesterday was national Veterans' Day, our vets and their families should be honored and respected all year round, not just one day out of the year. You know, like Christmas.

So with that in mind, I just wanted to say to. all the men and women currently serving in the armed forces and those that have served in the past, thank you for your service.



I mentioned this on Twitter yesterday (Yes I'm on Twitter in case you guys don't already know, so come @me bro) about how fascinated I was by the concept of those evil doppelgangers from the original Infinity War, you know, Jim Starlin's sequel to that previous year's mega-hit, The Infinity Gauntlet.


Really good story aside, the whole evil doppelganger thing was what truly hooked me as a reader and stoked my imagination. Truthfully there's nothing deeper there than that.  So around that time when playing with my figures, I'd imagine them fighting their various evil counterparts.

I mean how cool would it be if Hasbro actually created a line/wave of evil doppelganger figures?
I think the idea has legs depending on the characters that are made and if they'd have a wide enough appeal to consumers.  So with that in mind, today I'm presenting my idea for how I'd put out said line of figures.




ML Infinity Doppelganger Wave 1:


1). Captain America Doppelganger


2). Hellspawn (Daredevil)



3). Hawkeye Doppelganger


4). Mr. Fantastic Doppelganger 







5). Iron Man Doppelganger


6). The Thing Doppelganger 



7). Wolverine Doppelganger



BAF: Doppelganger (Spider-Man)



Now I choose those particular 8 because they had the best overall designs as far as evil doppelgangers go. The rest were pretty generic-looking overall, so I picked the best of the worst and there we are.

But wait, there's more!

Let's go a step further....

Remember Rick Remender's run on Secret Avengers?
Remember the Avengers of Earth-666, the Avengers of the Undead?
    How cool would it be to have action figures based off those guys!?

I know I'd be down to own figures like these. Who's with me?



2 comments:

googum said...

I love the Daredevil-Doppelganger (Triple-D?) but those horns look dangerous. Some kid'll poke his eyes out...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hellspawn, and yes, yes they would, so they;d have to be trimmed down to a manageable size. The thing is, outside of my little fantasy world where'd he made, it probably wouldn't happen due to inevitably some parent(s) seeing the figure and being horrified, then protesting against it.

But shit, they made and released a Marvel Select Mephisto, ML Demogoblin and the recent ML Hobgoblin w/ extra demonic-looking face. It could work.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...