Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Suicidal Tendencies

Hey People.

*Yeah this post is a day late, and I totally blame that on my piss-poor Wi-Fi connection and slow uploading of these scans. But I fixed the size of the scans, and bought a router, so......so far, so good.


I figured today would be a very Suicide Squad-themed post today, since I am a big fan of the Ostrander written series, and I haven't done too many SS-flavored skits or anything else SS related as of late.

Now if you go over to Shlomo's SS blog, specifically the comment section, then you'll quickly get a feel for how much of a fan of the SS I am.(and no not the Nazi SS you smartasses:))

Between me, Shlomo, and Omega, the comments section can get veeeeery heated when it comes to the topic of the current Suicide Squad title currently being published by Didio Comics. Trust me when I say that it's a horrible book that would be cancelled tomorrow if and when Harley Quinn ever leaves the title. She's probably the main thing keeping it from the chopping block, because the quality of writing, rebooted cast of characters, and their personalities sure as hell isn't.

But I digress.

This is a happy post, so we're going to keep things that way, as I happily present to you scans I just made today from Wizard#192. Why this particular issue you might ask?

Well, it features a short, but very enjoyable Wizard Retrospective on John Ostrander's entire Suicide Squad run, as well as input and commentary by the other contributing creative members of the SS team.

Not only did I personally enjoy the article, but also learned a lot as far as insight and the kinds of thought processes and brain-storming that went on in putting these issues together. I view it as a behind the scenes look at how Suicide Squad was made. Really good stuff there folks.

So, Shlomo, Omega, ask and you shall receive good buddies. Enjoy!




Nice huh? I told you it was.

And now for some thoughts from some of the crew of Ostrander's SS themselves. Gentlemen?

Captain Boomerang: "Oy, those were the good ol' days, they were. Makes my John Thomas hard just thinking 'bout puttin' one of my boomerangs through some tosser's head, while pissing off the Wall. Ha!"

Deadshot:"......Yeah whatever. I guess sometimes it was alright. Like when I killed that useless windbag Senator Cray. The look on Waller's and Flagg's faces when I put one through his head was priceless. Especially when parts of his brain landed onto the faces of the press."

Bronze Tiger: "You mother-fuckers are crazy, and need some serious fucking help!"

Captain Boomerang: "Oh come of it Tony the bleedin' Tiger; You're just as bad, if not worse than us. You just don't have the balls to admit it."

Deadshot: "Speaking of balls, you must of accidently found yours by daring to show your traitorous face around me again. I didn't forget about the last time you betrayed me, and trust me that was the last time. Since you're reborn, I get the pleasure of shooting off your hands again along with that fucking mouth of yours."

Bronze Tiger: "Tony the Tiger huh? I'll show you a tiger you backwoods hick-ass mother-fucker!"

Captain Boomerang: "Now hold on a bloody second! There's no need to go crazy here. Let's all relax and go out for a piss. My treat."

Deadshot: "You never paid for anything in your whole stinking life! Enough talking, and more shooting!"

Bronze Tiger: "For once I agree with Dirty Harry over there; it's time to fuck up a mick!"

Captain Boomerang: "Have it your way ladies. But don't you go thinkin' ol' Digger's an easy sport. Let's do this then. Me pal Dan's keepin' the car warm, and the Foster's cold, so I'll have to make this quick like."

Deadshot: "The boomerang won't even leave your hand before I paint Turner's face with your blood!"

Bronze Tiger: "Oh fuck that! I'm taking both of you brain-dead freaks out now!"

-They all fight. Again. 

I guess somethings never change do they folks?

And finally to take us out, here's the punk band with the very same name as this post, Suicidal Tendencies, and their hit song "War inside my head!"

Very appropriate for what just happened I think.

Peace and chicken grease my Nizzels!



11 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

nice going Dale that indeed pretty much sums up how Bronze Tiger, Deadshot and Boomerang got along in the series. although i think things were more contentious between Deadshot and Boomerang!
i appreciate the plug to the Suicide Squad blog and for posting the article it's a great find and i'm sure the majority of Squad fans out there have not read it and will indeed love it as much as you did.
just a heads up to all who may be having some trouble reading the Ostrander article in this posting. i will be reposting it on the Suicide Squad blog in a format that will make it much easier to read on your monitor. look for that toward the end of this week or first thing next week.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Thanks Shlomo. If not, I'll try and fix things up on my end. I get what you're talking 'bout, so I'll try and fix it.

I think I should do more of these SS related skits/posts more often. What do you think people?

IADW said...

nice one mate - Boomerangs Robin am I? lol still awesome skit. I have that issue of Wizard too. Great article. I always did like when they looked back on projects rather than write puff articles for wotk on shelves.

Omega Agent1 said...

Dale, thanks man, very appreciated this one is. Dan is right it is good to get a serious reflection on a project. Really get the thought process of the author and team.

CPU has been on the blink would have gotten overhere earlier.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

Dale, i already have the Wizard postings ready to go so you don't need to fuss with it unless it's for your own benefit. first though i'll be posting in the next day or two something i finished up last night that has to do with Vixen that i think you may be able to relate to. now i need to go to Dan and find out what exactly a puff article is?

Randomnerd said...

I'm still laughing. Too hard. To write intelligently.
Wait.
Nope.
Still laughing.
:)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

-Dan:
Ha ha! Yes you are. As the resident Aussie, you're pretty much my go to guy when it comes handling your people(OMG I said your people:))so that's you in a nutshell. Besides, who else is going to keep the car warm for Digger? Glad you liked the post my main man.

-Omega: Sorry to hear about your CPU. I can easily relate, what with my Wi-Fi connections issues and all. But thanks for hanging in there champ.

-Shlomo:
Cool beans man. Go do your thing. As for wanting to know what a puff article is, I'm surprised you didn't already know, what with you probably being the oldest of the Five. I kid, I kid.
As Dan's internet wingman, allow me to explain: A puff article is a filler article, a puff piece. Something to fill up space.

Oh wait, you weren't being serious about that? Oh well fuck me then.

Unless of course, Dan-O meant "Puff, Puff article", then don't Bogart that article son! Puff, puff pass! You know the rules....and they're just right;)

-Randomnerd:
Hey man! Nice of you stop by the house. Take off your coat and stay awhile. Dan'll be back w/ the liquid refreshments after he gets done fighting that rabid koala for that case of Scotch. Crazy bastard:)

IADW said...

pesky koalas. feisty critters but I've watched Gremlins... I know how to take a small ankle biter down! Yup wingman again saves the day, tis exactly what a puff piece is. i even have a library of them pre written for days when i just dont have the time to post so it aint all bad news.

dale do you have a Spectre toy?

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Dan, you crack you me up buddy:) I swear I need to hang out with you man. I imagine our day would include multiple hit-and-runs on crazed koalas, biker chicks, getting matching 'I love mom' tattoos, and oh yeah, chugging Fosters and Jack Daniels like it was going out of style!

Just remember, beating up on midgets isn't a hate crime when they're drunk and crazed, and you have their consent:)

And yes I do have a Spectre action figure. In fact, whenever you have the spare time, keyword search The Spectre, and you'll see like 2 or 3 skits I made with him. They're not bad, and I think God will approve. Well maybe one, but it's a start.

IADW said...

i think that sounds like a pretty wicked day. hangover two ain't got nothin on us! as for beating up on midgets the first two are fair game, after that you've gotta use a sumo suit or some other inventive weapon. tis the sporting thing to do and gives you a crack at americas funniest videos.

searching spectre now

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Sumo-suits; but of course! If all the Jackass movie have taught us anything, it's that you need sumo-suits as a reasonable excuse to attack everyone!

Good on ya!

But what will your sumo-suit be stuffed with? Fosters? Dead koalas?
puff articles?

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...