Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beer Me!

So I've restarted this little blog again after a 4-year absence, and plan on discussing whatever topic that comes to my mind. I plan on showcasing certain things while doing this blog, such as showing off my art, as bad as it is, and other thoughts and observations.

So with that out of the way, may I humbly present my own take on Twisted Theatre orignated by the now dearly departed Wizard and Toyfare magazines.

You know I was thinking earlier today about Guy Gardner and the Ultimate Captain America.

now you're probably wondering, "what do those two have in common?" I'll tell you what:

Guy and Cap are both portrayed/and have been portrayed as roughnecks, uber-patrotic, and above all, ready to kick ass. So with that in mind, I wondered what it would look like if these two overly-macho guys hung out together. You know, kick back, drink some cold ones, fire up a grill, and what for the impending invasion of bad guys. You know, 'cause that's what always happens when heroes try to take a day off and enjoy a BBQ; some asshole villain shows up looking to kill/maim our heroes, and then all hell breaks loose, and it's off to the races we go.

Well, I have a scoop for you guys courtesy of a bunch of TMZ wanna-be's. Check out these pics obtained whilst said pair of Guy and Cap try and enjoy a day off for a change......




































Now all this seems nice right? Nothing going on, until of a sudden......

Tony"Boose-hound"Stark shows up, with a friend no less!

Now for those who don't know, Tony can sniff out the hootch man. If there's alcohol there, no matter where it is, Stark's on it like a fat kid in candy store.


















We both know where this is headed......




















And that's why friends don't let Tony Stark drink. More tommorow kids!





2 comments:

reedsolomon.matr1x at gmail.com said...

Oddly enough, in the DC universe there is a Captain America analog named Major Glory whose comics Guy was a huge fan of as a kid. He turned out to be a bit of a caricature of Cap, but nevertheless did join the JLI for a while. Major Glory literally went through sidekicks faster than Batman goes through Robins.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Yeah I remember that. Guy sure did love him some General Glory huh? I used to have those issues you mentioned where the JLI helped him out against his old partner Ernie, who was the vilain at the time. I still even have an all-General Glory issue of Justice League Quarterly, issue 16 to be exact.

I'll be posting more pics from the Guy/Cap BBQ later.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...